Tuesday, September 11, 2012

West Coast E-Waste and Electronics Scrap Buyers and Refiners

Hi - I've been tearing down a lot of old computers. Also been looking at all the prices various companies pay. All the regular ones are in the Midwest or East, but I thought there's gotta be some places in the West. Specifically I'm looking for ones in Northern California. So, I started calling and so far have found one in Sacrament, CA. Prices are about 80% of what I've seen in other parts of the country. This is not bad considering savings in shipping, but it's curious. I mean, in the West, we're closer to Asia where I imagine most of this e-scrap ends up, right? So why the lower prices? Maybe not enough competition?

I'll keep researching. I plan to take a load in within the next 5 days or so. Once I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

If you know of any West Coast e-waste buyers or refiners, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find refiners on the west coast who'll pay reasonable rates for e-waste. I have found a mountain of places that will take it off my hands but I need to get to their buyers with all my material. I prefere someone who'll pay a reasonable price for a bulk weight shipment. Suggestions?

 
Creative Commons License
These works by Michael R. Meuser are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.recyclingsecrets.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.recyclingsecrets.com/creative-commons-license.htm.